.

.

Friday, August 29, 2014

Now QRT with 4258 QSO’s after 3 ½ days

Hi everyone

It’s Saturday afternoon and I’ve landed back safely in Darwin to meet up again with my wife and monster-in-law. The old mother-in-law had an important purpose by keeping my wife company in Darwin while I was playing radio on the island. It’s just a matter of now seeing how much money they’ve spent shopping in Darwin while I’ve been on the island for 4 days.

I’m absolutely exhausted after operating yesterday non-stop from 06:00 to 17:30 UTC (3:30pm to 3:00am local time) and then quickly packing up to depart my operating position by boat in the morning to reach the dirt airstrip to meet the light aircraft charter.

Fortunately we’re on holidays still for the next couple of weeks. We fly to Broome in Western Australia tomorrow morning so I’ll do the blog story with pictures for this DXpedition over the next few days while holidaying with the family there. Then they fly home to Adelaide as I go to the big VK6ISL OC-294 operation.

Today I’ve uploaded the QSO’s to Club Log so people can check they’re in there or do their OQRS.  

I’ve also sent my picture to UX5UO so he can start printing the VK5CE/8 QSL cards.

If you have any questions or if you don’t appear in the log but you believe you made a QSO, just send me an email to vk5ce@yahoo.com.au . I’ll start looking at emails sometime next week.

Come back within the next week to see the write up and pictures, 73s de Craig VK5CE



No comments:

Post a Comment